Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Les Livres du Lundi

This week, I have read Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. For me, personally, I found this book to provide glimpses of insight into another culture, another perspective, but also a lot of slow storytelling. It was a hard book for me to try to get through...especially in the snipet style of reading that I often end up using. Still, I would recommend this book for someone who is looking for another way of seeing an unfamiliar part of the world. It is the story of one man's unexpected quest to build schools in remote villages of Pakistan.

As for the kids, Jadon's Pick of the Week is Curious George: The Donut Delivery. Jadon has a fondness for the curious little monkey, and he loves when we can find an unread book at the library. When I asked him about why this was his favorite this week, he said, "I liked it because he didn't know what a dozen meant. He thought it meant only one donut. He found out that there's a lot of donuts because of zeros!"

Other favorites from our library bag this week included the following reads:
Magic Paintbrush by Robin Muller
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Williams
The Bookstore Burglar by Barbara Maitland (which Abby read aloud herself!)
Suzy Goose and the Christmas Star by Petr Horacek

Happy Reading!

No comments: