Friday, November 26, 2010

Advent Preparations

"Waiting patiently in expectation is the foundation of the spiritual life." -- Simone Weil

Advent has the potential to be such a meaningful time. We are seeking to be intentional about how we approach this season of the year. Here are a few things that we have been doing to prepare...

1) Our family advent wreath is ready for mealtime lightings.


2) I created these banners to hang at the front of our church during the Advent and Christmas seasons.
3) We've collected children's books that focus on the real reason for Christmas. These will be wrapped and numbered to serve as a countdown for Christmas. Each day, we will open and read one book. (You may notice that I shamelessly borrowed from the public library in order to round out our collection!)


4) All of the kids have been hard at work with various homemade decorations and gifts...I can't say much more, because I might ruin a surprise or two!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

This is awesome!

I love the season of advent. And I love your advent ideas.

See you soon?!