Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It would be so easy...

I could post a few pictures like these...



...and say what a beautiful night it was at the beach. And you would look and think, "My what a beautiful family. Don't they make having four children look so easy!"
I wouldn't have to mention how I dropped my cell phone in the river while going out to meet my children who were ignoring my calls (as in "What?," then turn around and continue doing previous activity without actually connecting with the calling mother). Or how one of the kids had to pee three times in a span of 30 minutes, necessitating everyone's not-so-happy participation in the potty process. Or how another child seems to have an automatic whine gear that is shifted into whenever it is time to transition away from a fun event. Or . . .
It's true...You can't believe every happy picture you see on a blog! (Just keeping it real.)
Maybe tonight was payback for me suggesting this project this afternoon:

Yes, you see four kids, four toothbrushes, and some scummy bathroom tile grout.
(By the way, I think I saved my phone, I'm pretty sure my kids have been reminded how I mean business when I say something, and the bathroom floor does look much better! So maybe today wasn't so bad after all.)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures - especially the one in the bathroom!

I'm all about kids earning their keep. :o)

Doug and Danielle said...

This is a great post! Especially after my day! Glad I am not the only one:)
Danielle