Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pressing On Toward the Goal

"Risk your life and get more than you ever dreamed of. Play it safe and end up holding the bag." --Matthew 19:26 MSG



"I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please.

Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep,

but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine.

I don't want enough God to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant.

I want ecstacy, not transformation.

I want warmth of the womb, not new birth.

I want a bound of Eternal in a paper sack.

I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please."

--Wilbur Rees



"When someone has been given much, much will be required in return." --Luke 12:48 NLT



"Evil is not just where blood has been spilled. Evil is in the self-absorbed human heart." --Ravi Zacharias



"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, and don't take yourself too seriously--take God seriously." --Micah 6:8 MSG



"Heal my heart and make it clean.

Open up my eyes to the things unseen.

Show me how to love like you have loved me.

Break my heart for what breaks yours.

Everything I am for your Kingdom's cause,

As I walk from earth into Eternity." --Hillsong United's "Hosanna"



"As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. . . . we have been transformed into a new creation." --Galatians 6:14-15 NLT

No comments: