Monday, August 25, 2008

Tapper Creativity

I feel compelled to show off some special handiwork produced by my husband and my kids.

First, sparkling above our dining room table, is a school of fancy fish crafted by Ethan and Abby. August evenings in Maine have been providing wonderfully refreshing cool breezes, and our windows have been opened for the enjoyment of this splendid gift. Tonight, as I sat at the table with the family after supper, I found myself captivated by these four flashy fishies gently gliding and turning in the moving air. And I was thankful for such a simple pleasure.

Second, there are the delicious delights my husband bakes. Over the past several months, Mike has spent a considerable amount of time in the kitchen. There may be many reasons for this new interest: It's a great way of ensuring quality time with the family. It provides a opportunity to follow a clear formula and to achieve a measurable sense of accomplishment (in the midst of a job and an adoption in which success or even measurable progress can be difficult to define). It is a safe and relatively cheap hobby. It promotes connection with others -- I mean, who in their right mind will turn down an offer of New England Maple-Walnut Cake with Maple Butter Cream frosting or Butterscotch Tart with Ultimate Meringue topping? And, of course, the Tapper sweet tooth must be satisfied by some means!
At any rate, last night Mike baked his classic Tollhouse Pie, but he was seeking a special touch for this particular occassion. The three observing Tappers were tickled with his final product.



So, what have you been creating lately???

1 comment:

the Steiger's said...

Great job Mike!!! THat is a great idea. I will have to remember that one.
Lenka